We provide lasting medical care to underserved communities in Honduras
and educate future leaders in global health.
We are a Honduran and U.S. based healthcare team of professionals and students committed to providing quality long-term care to villages around El Progreso, Honduras. These communities often suffer from extremely high rates of poverty, malnutrition, and poor access to healthcare. Combating these challenges requires much more than a short-term mission. That’s why our full team visits the same patients every six months and our Honduran team led by our head nurse Neri tracks patient progress and needs every month.
This consistent attention to patient care not only results in better outcomes for our patients but also provides constant feedback to our team about what interventions aren’t working. Through this structure our global health students learn that providing care in low-resource settings requires a long-term commitment and readiness to adapt to new challenges.
- Follow PodemOSU on their new Instagram account to see the faces behind our organization and stay updated on our... https://t.co/tmA8fF1g74
- Pharmacy students Taylor Dufour, Mike Friebe, and Rachel Ziemba spread the word about PODEMOS at the Pharmacy... https://t.co/a4dZLtQxeA
- Our upcoming winter trip is December 26-January 2. PODEMOS is looking for Spanish translators as well as... https://t.co/6dbswbjL0S
- Featured is a photo of physical therapist Rick Evans and translator Shelly Villatoro teaching a patient exercises... https://t.co/Q9CCIrEgzX
- The essence of global health equity is the idea that something so precious as health might be viewed as a right -... https://t.co/2uI8AhzmZ7
- This hard-working and dedicated team saw and treated nearly 900 patients on our recent summer brigade! We could... https://t.co/uYVdC5tVvo