We provide lasting medical care to underserved communities in Honduras
and educate future leaders in global health.
We are a Honduran and U.S. based healthcare team of professionals and students committed to providing quality long-term care to villages around El Progreso, Honduras. These communities often suffer from extremely high rates of poverty, malnutrition, and poor access to healthcare. Combating these challenges requires much more than a short-term mission. That’s why our full team visits the same patients every six months and our Honduran team led by our head nurse Neri tracks patient progress and needs every month.
This consistent attention to patient care not only results in better outcomes for our patients but also provides constant feedback to our team about what interventions aren’t working. Through this structure our global health students learn that providing care in low-resource settings requires a long-term commitment and readiness to adapt to new challenges.
- This hard-working and dedicated team saw and treated nearly 900 patients on our recent summer brigade! We could... https://t.co/uYVdC5tVvo
- Pics of the day: Some of the translators from our most recent trip relax at the end of the day. Thank you for... https://t.co/LOpn96BcNY
- Last week we were able to celebrate the birthdays of two important members of the PODEMOS family, Nando Tabora... https://t.co/lKtT3f8i3J
- Pic of the day: After completing the summer 2016 brigade the students and providers of PODEMOS decide to do a... https://t.co/DqMg12RD7G
- First day of clinic done! Today we visited the village of Eben Ezer. Highlights include 150 patient encounters,... https://t.co/w1kHlMYOt6
- Before the start of our brigade Medical Director Tejal Patel MD, chronic care nurse Neri Canealo, and M4 student... https://t.co/7zg20eUMsE