We provide lasting medical care to underserved communities in Honduras
and educate future leaders in global health.
We are a Honduran and U.S. based healthcare team of professionals and students committed to providing quality long-term care to villages around El Progreso, Honduras. These communities often suffer from extremely high rates of poverty, malnutrition, and poor access to healthcare. Combating these challenges requires much more than a short-term mission. That’s why our full team visits the same patients every six months and our Honduran team led by our head nurse Neri tracks patient progress and needs every month.
This consistent attention to patient care not only results in better outcomes for our patients but also provides constant feedback to our team about what interventions aren’t working. Through this structure our global health students learn that providing care in low-resource settings requires a long-term commitment and readiness to adapt to new challenges.
- Come out and play in the first annual PODEMOS golf tournament! PODEMOS is a student organization at the Ohio... https://t.co/m1RP5GSsPW
- “We are people dedicated to field labor, and our community is very poor. We think the best way to improve the... https://t.co/kLWmuWO3if
- Our Winter 2015 team made a guest appearance on Teleprogreso Mi canal, a local Honduran televsion show, with Dr.... https://t.co/cziL87LHzf
- “There are many medications that the community health centers and hospitals do not have. As such, we are very... https://t.co/XH3T2uitdm
- Check out our Winter 2015 newsletter! This edition highlights all the exciting trips and projects we have worked... https://t.co/hNCqQbTk7c
- Photographed is the first PODEMOS clinical trip in Winter 2008 and our most recent trip this winter 2015. In the... https://t.co/uoittmzQkI