We provide lasting medical care to underserved communities in Honduras
and educate future leaders in global health.
We are a Honduran and U.S. based healthcare team of professionals and students committed to providing quality long-term care to villages around El Progreso, Honduras. These communities often suffer from extremely high rates of poverty, malnutrition, and poor access to healthcare. Combating these challenges requires much more than a short-term mission. That’s why our full team visits the same patients every six months and our Honduran team led by our head nurse Neri tracks patient progress and needs every month.
This consistent attention to patient care not only results in better outcomes for our patients but also provides constant feedback to our team about what interventions aren’t working. Through this structure our global health students learn that providing care in low-resource settings requires a long-term commitment and readiness to adapt to new challenges.
- The burden of non-communicable diseases is rapidly increasing in prevalence in developing countries. Through the... https://t.co/k2WoAotnms
- Reunion during Gran Rounds! From left to right: Jason Galo, M3, past PODEMOS President and Trip Leader Winter... https://t.co/75SnUrF3xb
- Just a reminder that we are accepting applications for our upcoming Winter Brigade to Honduras from Dec 26-Jan 2!... https://t.co/2OdoMpQi9n
- During our days at the clinic we see a variety of patients ranging from tiny infants to elderly adults. Healthy... https://t.co/tSM766dCW6
- PODEMOS presidents Rachel and Rebecca share their experiences with students at the OSUCOM fair. If you're... https://t.co/tASrT3vn01
- Follow PodemOSU on their new Instagram account to see the faces behind our organization and stay updated on our... https://t.co/tmA8fF1g74