We provide lasting medical care to underserved communities in Honduras
and educate future leaders in global health.
We are a Honduran and U.S. based healthcare team of professionals and students committed to providing quality long-term care to villages around El Progreso, Honduras. These communities often suffer from extremely high rates of poverty, malnutrition, and poor access to healthcare. Combating these challenges requires much more than a short-term mission. That’s why our full team visits the same patients every six months and our Honduran team led by our head nurse Neri tracks patient progress and needs every month.
This consistent attention to patient care not only results in better outcomes for our patients but also provides constant feedback to our team about what interventions aren’t working. Through this structure our global health students learn that providing care in low-resource settings requires a long-term commitment and readiness to adapt to new challenges.
- First day of clinic done! Today we visited the village of Eben Ezer. Highlights include 150 patient encounters,... https://t.co/w1kHlMYOt6
- Before the start of our brigade Medical Director Tejal Patel MD, chronic care nurse Neri Canealo, and M4 student... https://t.co/7zg20eUMsE
- More pictures from the First Annual PODEMOS Golf Tournament! Thanks again to our players and sponsors for making this event so special!
- The students of PODEMOS have completed another successful packing party! This year we were able to get to over... https://t.co/FnasreH2X1
- Thanks to all of our sponsors and teams that played in the first ever PODEMOS Charity Golf Tournament this... https://t.co/uYQJerR2pf
- Come out and play in the first annual PODEMOS golf tournament! PODEMOS is a student organization at the Ohio... https://t.co/m1RP5GSsPW